I often get emails that put a smile on my face. But, this one really made me feel warm and fuzzy so I decided to share it:
“Why God made moms” answers given by elementary school age children to the following questions:
What ingredients are mothers made of?
- God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
- They had to get their start from men’s bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.
What did Mom need to know about dad before she married him?
- His last name.
- She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
- Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?
Why did your Mom marry your dad?
- My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mom eats a lot.
- My grandma says that Mom didn’t have her thinking cap on.
What’s the difference between moms and dads?
- Moms work at work & work at home, & dads just go to work at work.
- Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
- Dads are taller & stronger, but moms have all the real power ’cause that’s who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend’s.
- Moms have magic; they make you feel better without medicine.
What does your Mom do in her spare time?
- Mothers don’t do spare time.
- To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.
What would it take to make your Mom perfect?
- On the inside she’s already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
- Diet. You know, her hair. I’d diet, maybe blue.
If you could change one thing about your Mom, what would it be?
- She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I’d get rid of that.
- I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on her back.
…and this one is one of my personal stories:
My daughter was about 2 years old and was doing the pee dance. So, I asked her, “do you have to pee?” She answered, “no.” But she continued dancing. So, I said, “go to the bathroom and sit there, you have to pee!” She got so mad at me and screamed, “NO I DON’T!” But, I made her sit on the toilet anyway. She pulled down her underwear and sat on the toilet…then she looked up at me defiantly and said, “SEE! I TOLD YOU I DON’T HAVE TO GO!!” Then, she started peeing. She had the most startled look on her face and said, “Mommy, how did you know?” I exclaimed, “Mommies know EVERYTHING!!!”
Anyone else have a story to share?